Páginas

miércoles, 24 de abril de 2013

Recent cake makes.

Here are a few cakes I've made recently.
The first one, I made a couple of days ago, I made two separte plain sponges and then put one on top of the other by putting chocolate frosting between them and covering it all in chocolate frosting. The frosting was really easy to make, I just mixed two bars of normal chocolate with a block of butter and then put it in the fringe to chill, once cold enough, I just whisked it and then had a lovely frosting!
I made some fondant flowers to cover the cake, its best to make them while the cake is baking so that you have time to put them on, once you've made the frosting, you only have a limited time to use it before it sets and goes hard.


The next cake I made was a bird cake, I just used a plain sponge and covered it in white fondant and then made the bird out of different coloured fondant.


The last cake I made was a smurf one, it could of probably come out a lot better, I thought I'd give it a go though, its all about practice! I made two male smurfs and one female one and just put them in a circle looking outwards on the cake.



2 comentarios:

  1. These look incredible. You have some amazing talent! I adore the rose cake :) ! Now I am hungry lol!

    ResponderEliminar