Páginas

jueves, 4 de abril de 2013

Owl cake

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
This is my first attempt at cake decorating, I have never made anything like this before, so this is all completely new to me. I've been wanting to do it for ages but never got round to it but I'm so glad I did!  I decided to just make a plain sponge for my first go, I covered in butter icing and then decorate from there with roll out fondante. Heres how I made it.


So these are the colours I used, yellow, white, light and dark blue, red and pink but you can use any colours you want. In the bowl is some butter icing to cover the cake and make it taste lovely!


 
First I cut 2 ears out of sponge and stuck them on with butter icing and then I also added an extra bit, just to make the cake a bit bigger.

 
I then covered the whole cake in butter icing, making sure it was all flat, so that I could put the roll out fondante on nice and easily.
 


 
I rolled out some of the red fondante, making sure I had enough to cover the cake and then cut out a hole where the owls tummy would be, once that was done, I added pink in the hole.



I cut out some small pink circles for the owls feathers and stuck them on the tummy area. I added a tiny bit of water to make sure they stuck down.



 I rolled out some of the white and carefully cut out a pair of eyes and stuck them just above the owls stomach and then added a small yellow nose and added it on just between the eyes.
 
  I then added two light blue circles and two smaller dark blue circles for the eyes.
 
 
 
 To finish off I just added two smaller white circles to the eyes and it was good to go!
 

2 comentarios:

  1. OH WOW! That is absolutely stunning.
    what did you use the cake for?

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you! :) I've really liked cake decorating for a long time and always wanted to give it a try, so this was my first attempt, I didn't really make it for anything special but I think it would make a lovely birthday cake!

      Eliminar